Thursday, June 14, 2012

Homecoming

I am happy to report Middle child is coming home tomorrow. Though he had a rough start to his trip, he turned a corner earlier in the week and has been having a great time. We all miss him like crazy but I am relieved he is having a good time. But I want him home.

I have noticed a couple things in his absence:

*Today was the first day I had to do laundry since he has been away. That leads me to believe either me and Youngest have had the same clothes on for 6 days, or Middle generates a lot of laundry.

*I still have snacks in the house.

*The front door does not open and close 150 times a day.

*We have not had frozen pizza for dinner at all this week. Or for lunch. Or for breakfast.

*Daughter senses my sadness and has been extra silly this week. I am grateful she is a dork.

*I am not up to date with all things sports related. NBA finals, what??? Stanley Cup, who??

*Youngest can actually do the same things Middle can do when asked. With a lot less lip.

*Dogs can be sad. Teddy has been moping around all week, which makes me rub his tummy a little more. Maybe he is playing me...

*It's just so quiet. Apparently I thrive on noise. Who knew?

*I have realized what a great kid and friend he is. Things have not been the same in the court since he left. I am too hard on him and an working to be softer with him. I expect a lot out of him and always have, maybe it is time to back off a little.

All things will be right in my world when he gets home tomorrow. I am so grateful to the family that took him on vacation. This was truly a trip of a lifetime for a ten year old. Buck up neighbors: Middle child will be home to organize neighborhood chaos in 24 hours!! Please don't send your sad faced kids over here looking for him before then, I can't take it!

Be well.

Cat

1 comment: