Monday, June 4, 2012

What's been going on??

Hi friends! I hope this post finds you all doing well and ready for summer. My kids are all done and if we can get the temp up about 10 degrees, we will be living at the pool the rest of the summer. Here's what has been happening here lately:

Husband and I made it thru over two hours of Daughter's 8th grade Award Ceremony. She received several academic awards and was more emotional than I thought she would be. Last she told me, "I am ready to get the heck out of here!" But I think it hit her that she will be entering the big league in a couple months. I know it will hit me the first time I have to go to the High School for Back to School meetings. Now she is on a bus with a bunch of her classmates and her dad on a 22 hour trip to Disney. You could not PAY me to go on a 22 hour bus trip with a bunch of teenagers. Yuck.

I survived being End of Year party planner for Middle child's 4th grade class. It went off without a hitch and I have to say that he had a really great class this year. He has some really great friends. One of which he will spend a week of vacation with, leaving this Friday. It will be weird to not have him around but I think this is a really good experience for him. I am grateful that he is a good enough kid for someone to want to take him on a road trip.

Youngest was voted "Best Personality" in his class. Though I am not at all surprised by that, it makes me weepy with gratefulness that they include him so much in his class. I am sad that his Intervention Teacher is moving to another school and I pray that his new one is as wonderful as she was. You have to have a long fuse when dealing with these kids.

We have been to the pool a couple times all ready and I am a little shocked by the teens that are groping each other so openly. In years past, they at least kept their groping to one part of the grassy area. Not this year, they are all over each other everywhere!! Husband and I have to keep our mouths shut as we pass them because we both have the overwhelming desire to say "You know, you can get pregnant that way" or "Huh, that dude was kissing another girl just a few minutes ago", or my favorite "Eww...that's soo gross!!". Parents, please have the "talk" with your teens before you drop them off for the day. And maybe pop in on them every now and then to see if they are behaving.

I plan on reading a lot this summer, working on house/yard projects and trying to unplug more. I am going to do at least two miles of walking every day and trying to find new lunch ideas for the kids. I know this time will go fast and I want to enjoy every minute. I am trying to be softer with Middle Child and urging Youngest to be more independent. With Daughter, it is just fun to hang out with her and her friends. What a lovely group of young girls she hangs out with. I guess looking at it, all of my kids have really great friends. So do Husband and I.

Life is good.

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment