Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fit in 40 days: Blog/Day 18

So I got my crap together today, didn't spend the whole morning sleeping and when I was approached about "what kind of FUN thing are we going to do today?" (Jack thinks there needs to be a fun thing every day in the summer. A challenge for me, for sure!) I replied "we are going CREEKING". Griffin immediately said "nope, not going" as he barely looked up from his kill all things in the village game he plays on my computer (I killed his Xbox live membership for the summer and he is restricted on his Itouch due to some bad choices). But here's the thing, he's not allowed to stay home alone anymore. He didn't do anything wrong to have this privilege taken away, but I have noticed a few of his friends, who are home alone A LOT, are going astray. Not happening with my kid, at least I will try my hardest to make sure that does not happen. He moped and groaned but got in the van and here's where we ended up: 
 Jack in the creek. You will notice Jack likes his picture taken WAY more than Griff. (Note, Emily is still in training at her new job).
 The area is a park called Indian Run falls and it has a ton of little water falls and then one bigger falls. Very manageable for people of all ages, though I suggest shoes. Jack didn't have any on but was ok.


 There are the boys trudging up the creek.
 That's Griffin a million miles ahead bcz GOD FORBID he stays with his family.

Here's the big falls. Griffin managed to climb down it while Jack sat on the ledge (keep in mind my heart is lurching out of my chest at the thought of balance challenged Jack on the edge like that and then how the heck is Griff getting back up? But it was all ok. Thank goodness!)

Me with Jack and the bridge behind me.

Griffin has NEVER let me take a selfie of us, so this is a HUGE trip for us!

And for dinner, I grilled chicken thighs and made chimichurri to go with it. Chimichurri can be a lot of different things, for me it was: garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, pepper, lime juice, fresh basil and cilantro. Mix with white vinegar and olive oil and drizzle it on EVERYTHING. It is soo good.


Tomorrow is grocery day and I am hoping to get some yard work done. Griffin has baseball tourney all weekend but not sure how it will shake out with his broken thumb. And Sunday is Father's Day. Yay for all the dad's out there!!

I have done 18 straight days of exercise and have gone 91.3 miles. I have lost a little bit of weight but not as much if I was not sleeping half the day!! Gotta get my rear in gear.

Happy Friday evening, friends!!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment