Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fit in 40 days: Day 16, yes, I may have missed a couple days...

Here's the thing about summer for me: I really don't have to do anything. Of course I have to feed the kids and dogs, do some laundry, clean stuff occasionally. But there is no rule book that tells me what I have to do every day.

This is a blessing and a curse. I can very easily fall into the doing nothing category but since I am really trying to clean up our eating and our lives, I have TRIED to be proactive.

We had a great weekend at the pool and then just hanging out Sunday since it was rainy. 

Emily got a job, so we have been shuttling her back and forth to training. I cannot tell you how EXCITED I am that she is in food service. I feel like she has followed my footsteps with running and now food service and it makes me so happy.

I am also reminded of how quickly these next two years with her will go and I miss her all ready. When she graduates High School, Griffin will be entering High School and Jack will be starting 7th grade. Ugh.

So this is what I have been up to the last 5 days: I have not missed a workout in 19 days, 15 days for the Streaking contest.
I made homemade crouton's tonight. I have a TON of hamburger buns in my freezer so I thawed and left them out and made croutons. They are all ready gone. Soo good!!

This is what menu planning looks like for me. I am so budget oriented, I write it all out. The legal pad on the left is all the breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas for the kids. At the bottom of the paper is dinner for me and Tom! The little, middle paper is our menu for the next week, and the list on the right is my actual grocery list. Top half is Meijer, bottom is Aldi. I get most of my groceries from Aldi.
Hope you all are doing well and getting thru summer ok. I am a little worried bcz this June is shaping up like last June where it rained 29 straight days and never got above 75 degrees.

Until I went to work, then it was over 90 for weeks!!

Here's hoping better weather is coming!!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment