Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fit in 40 days: 3 days left!

This is going to be a short blog as I have an eye appointment this morning and an afternoon filled with fun stuff with the boys.

I have been thinking a lot about weight loss lately and had a light bulb moment at my son's baseball game Saturday (it was either heat stroke or a light bulb moment...). One of the mom's from the team does Cross Fit and needless to say, is in incredible shape. You would for sure want her on your side in a fight! I was thinking about what dedication that takes, and if I had that dedication,would I rather be really thin or buff like she is?

That's when the light bulb (heat stroke) clicked: I am thinner than I was 7 years ago. I have lost a significant (40 lbs) amount of weight, slow and steady. I do have that dedication to lead as healthy of a lifestyle as I can (I literally threw out a barrel of cheese balls this week to keep me out of them!).

I also want people to know that losing weight does not mean all your problems will be lost, too. I still have car problems, problems with the kids, money concerns. I think we, as women, feel like "Oh, if I can just get to my goal weight, everything will be sunshine and unicorns!". The reality is, it is the same reality as before, you just aren't carrying as much weight thru it.

I have three days left in my 40 miles in 40 days streak. I have logged over 184 miles in that time. I am excited for the next streak: my neighbor and I are going to do a July 4th to Labor Day streak: still logging miles but adding 1 minute of planks every day. I am also going to dust off our weight machine in the basement and incorporate that into my free weight routine.

Ok, I need to get off here and get ready for my eye exam!

Have
a
great
July
1st!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment