Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quick Update

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope everyone survived the week back to school and the warming temps.

It was a crazy week here with the two day delay, Jack starting his new school, two co-workers out with surgery and I have had a nasty sinus infection for about 4 days now.

Pile onto that our clothes dryer dying and having to put our dog of 14 years down, it has been an very exhausting week.

On the up side, Tom was able to fix the dryer with a $31 part and we know our pup is in a better place. Teddy, our 11 year old lab/shep mix seems to be enjoying the extra attention he is getting and doesn't seem to notice that Molly is not always barking at him. Or maybe he does notice and is relieved she has passed.

I spent $60 at Aldi and $40 at Meijer on Friday with the intention of getting thru about 3 days but I will be able to stretch that into at least Tuesday. I am going to stop at Subway today to get the boys subs for this weeks lunch (we cut them into thirds so you get three lunches for $5. Way cheaper than school lunch). I know shopping at Meijer has been cheaper than Giant Eagle, even though I miss the fuel perks.

Today may wield a trip to Walmart: Griff needs either new basketball shoes or a pair of tennis shoes to wear to school. He only has about a month of basketball left but his shoes are losing tread. I think we will get him a new cheap pair of basketball shoes and he can wear his old ones to school.

Jack needs pants, too. His new favorite thing to do is slide down the stairs on his knees. You can only imagine how many times it takes before the holes start showing up.

Laundry on tap, taking Teddy for a walk, football and crockpot french dip sandwiches for dinner. Sandwiches are a great, inexpensive dinner item. Pair it with a salad and chips or fries and you have a meal that makes everyone happy.

I am praying this week brings some normalcy and NO SNOW. I hope you all have a great week!!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment