Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fit in 40 days: Day 2

I am happy to report, so far so good. I managed to get my act together enough this morning to include apple slices with the kids waffles. They had carrots and orange pepper strips with their grilled cheese tonight (not a very adventurous meal for the kids but we have baseball tonight). I, however, made some delicious Chinese turkey meatballs.

Started with about a pound and a half of ground white meat turkey, grated in a couple carrots, some ginger and some onion. I love to grate the onion  bcz you get the juice and no big chunks of onion. Added some hoisin and siracha and lots of black pepper. Baked them at 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes. They went great with the broccoli slaw I made yesterday. Always looking for ways to spruce up some ground turkey!!
I didn't add any salt and should have. But other than that, they are really moist and pretty tasty. I can eat them all week and not feel bad about it.

Got my run in today and though my time was pathetic, I was just glad I didn't die of heat stroke. 4pm on an 85 degree day may NOT have been the best time to run. But I am 2 for 2 so far in this challenge.

This was my official last day of work for the summer. YAY! I truly love my job and my co workers are the greatest group of people you could hope to work with. Just nice to take some time away from the kids and cooking for 6 hours and just relax.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment