Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fit in 40 days: Day 4

It was Jack's last day of school and his WHOLE school (along with every OTHER school in Ohio), went to the zoo. This was the first time we have seen the new Africa exhibit and it seemed quite impressive. Hard to tell  though really bcz we couldn't get close enough to any exhibits to see anything. But I am sure we will go again. Those are giraffes in the background. You can feed them. If you like to wait in line. Jack does not.

This is Jack on a giant mushroom. Reminds him of all the Mario games he plays. I think if he could live in Habitat Hollow, he would. 

Then we paid the small fee to pet the sting rays. Don't think for a MINUTE that I didn't think about Steve Irwin and Jack falling into the tank. Was minorly relieved to know the big ones don't have barbs on their tails but the 5 baby ones still do. So please don't touch. Jack did a great job of listening and really, really enjoyed this experience. Another place he could have spent all day.
 I totally timed our trip wrong and we were both starving by the time we left. I did hit McD but I did not get him the full meal he usually gets. When we got home he ate some fruit and we drank tons of water. Needless to say, he needs a shower tonight. Must wash Zoo smell off of him!

I did have enough energy to make pan seared pork chops with home made mushroom gravy. Made some potatoes and Brussel sprouts. The kids tried a little of all of it and some liked some of it more than other parts, but I take it as a victory that they tried all of it. But really, home made gravy? Anything is good with that!!

I also had enough energy to get my 3 miles in this afternoon. Now it is time to do the dishes, hose off Jack and relax for the evening. It is Friday eve after all.

Thanks for reading!
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment