Monday, April 9, 2012

Adding it up

2 parents + 3 kids + 2 grandparents + 1 kid with allergies so bad she can't go outside + 3 to 6 days together + 9 different kinds of cheese = 1 very frazzled woman!

My spring break was actually ok. My parents were here for a week and though we managed to get little done around the house, we did manage to only mildly get on each other's nerves. One week was definitely too long for all of us but it was good for the kids to be around their Grandparents. I learned that I really value my privacy, enjoy peace and quiet, and can eat more cheese than any one human should. And I scored a new grill out of the visit.

Youngest stayed home with me today, my last day of break. He has no voice and seemed miserable. I am hoping it was a preemptive strike so he will make it thru the rest of the week at school. I took him with me to run errands and I want to post a pic of what $74 can get your, if you plan well.

3 lbs of mixed salad, Real Bacon bits, 3 artichokes, 3 avocados, 6 peppers, 2 pkgs of baby bella mushrooms, 3 pkgs of boneless, skinless chicken, 5.25 lbs of 90/10 hamburger, boneless pork loin, 2.5lb brisket,3/4 of a pound of turkey lunchmeat, and three bananas. I portioned out the hamburger into 1lb bags, cut the pork loin in half, and froze the chicken and brisket the way it was. I only have to stock up on fresh fruit and veggies and some snacks for the kids. I went to three different places (Kroger, Meijer, and Sam's) and was done in a little over an hour. And that was with a sick kid in tow. Eating clean and well can be done for not as much money as most people think.

Speaking of eating well: I strayed last week with my parents here. But I am back on track and getting back to working out and lifting weights. The pool will be open before we know it and I want to look goooooood.

Hope everyone is doing well!! I will be blogging more since things seem to be calming down here.

Be well friends,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment