Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekly news

I am happy to report that our household was relatively calm this week. With the exception of Thursday.

* I had an appointment to meet Youngest's new Behavior Therapist. While waiting, I read an article in Good Housekeeping about this couple that had this dog named Molly (my little dog's name) and how they took her in for a routine checkup( I was doing the same with my pups later that day) and found out she had an inoperable tumor. She had very little time left. They took her to their mountain cabin and she climbed in bed with them and died. I cried. Right there in the new therapists waiting room, praying she wouldn't come out. And of course she did. She was surprised I was crying, asked if I was ok and I responded "Youngest isn't the only one that needs therapy!!". We both laughed and I quickly stopped sniveling. I really like the therapist and hope things work out the way we planned.

*Youngest had a crappy day on the bus and school. He does not handle punishment well, so the afternoon was filled with lots of crying (on his part) and feet stomping (still him) and slamming doors. In the middle of all this, I had to take the dogs to the vet.

* I am a really rotten pet owner. They haven't been to the vet in two years, though we did keep up with the heartworm pills. Took Teddy first because I thought he would be the easier of the two (I can't take them together, have to make appt's an hour apart). So he is a train wreck and they have to hold him down to do trim his nails so the Vet does her check on him while they are holding him down. All goes well except he has bad teeth. Get done with him, go home to get Molly. Molly did great at the vet, but also has bad teeth. So I asked the Vet "Who's teeth should I do first? I am worried about putting Molly under". And she says to me "Well, you never know. Molly could die in six months and you would hate to spend the money on it". WHAT??? I started to cry. The Vet said 'Ohh noo... there is nothing wrong with her but she is older and you never now." Oh lord. I am opting to brush their teeth until they die. And I am out $500.

* Daughter's softball team at school has been losing so bad that they stop the games early because of the Mercy Rule. Which begs the question to me: how bad was she that she couldn't make the team??? I think they should put her in, I think she could help. This advice falls on deaf ears.

* Husband took today off and took me to our new IHOP for lunch. I was not impressed and am still getting crap for ordering a chicken sandwich for lunch. I asked him " We have been married almost 13 years. Have you EVER seen me eat a pancake??" The answer was no. I don't think I would go back but Husband and the kids like it so it is a good thing for them to do without me. I like when they do things without me.

Should be a quiet weekend here. I am thankful for that. I hope you all have a good weekend!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment