Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grocery Store Mahem

You all know by now how much I like to grocery shop. I go to my Zen place when I am shopping (not so Zen with kids in tow, but still semi-Zen), I take my time, I enjoy reading labels and looking at funky looking fruits.

I was enjoying such a trip this afternoon, though the store was much busier than I anticipated. I was enjoying the young guy who was really nice to the Deli lady, digging the people that made eye contact with me and said "Hi", having a grand ole time.

I was in the soup aisle looking for some low sodium broth and my cart was off to the side with the nose of it edging only slightly out into the aisle. I was crouched on the ground, looking at the broth on the lowest shelf and WHAM! Some Douche Bag Amish dude rams my cart out of the way. Not being able to self monitor, I yell at him "What the HELL??". He glared at me with his dead eyes and kept going. Modern conveniences a little too much for you, pal???? Husband thinks I should have taken him down right there in the soup aisle, maybe he's right.

As I am in the checkout aisle, we (me and my best friend, the check out lady) hear a BIG crash. There was some commotion over by the fruit, followed by the unmistakable screaming of a small child. I lean over to see and there was a cart tipped over and a little girl on the floor screaming. The mom looked PISSED. I was afraid the girl was in the seat part and the cart tipped over, but another Employee came over to tell us that the little girl was screwing around and climbing all over the cart and tipped it over. "I hate bad kids" she said.

I agree.

Have a great Sunday night!! Let's have a great week, friends.

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment