Monday, November 7, 2011

Back to reality

I had a really great night away with my friends. I am in awe of my gal pals as they are a fierce group of women that have their crap together. Everyone should have a group of friends that are as great as they are.

Some of my trip highlights are:

Not being called "mom" for a whole 24 hours
Not being asked for food or drinks or to tie shoes or to find the duct tape..
Being able to go to a mall without any kids in tow
Bowling without bumpers (though, I really could have used them. I SUCK at bowling!!)
Basking in the glow of Covington's many tobacco and liquor stores as we roamed the streets at night
Seeing a Kevin from the Office look a like at breakfast

But most of all, the best part was hanging out and talking with my three amazing friends. We have all had different paths that have lead us to where we are now, and I am so thankful that I picked them up along the way.

We really must do it more often.

Now it is back to laundry and "what's for dinner?" and thinking about parent-teacher conferences and why can't I lose these last 13 lbs and blah blah blah. You know the drill.

Now go call a girlfriend and chat for awhile. I guarantee you she needs a break from what she is doing.

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment