Thursday, November 3, 2011

Out of Office

I am excited to report that I am able to break away from a sick kid (Who at the moment is having a motherload of a fit about spilling some water) and tired Husband (he has been working a lot this week, or at least it seems like it) to go south for a night with some of my closest friends. We started doing this a couple years ago and have tried to do it yearly, though it is tough with everyone's schedules.

But 4 of us were able to clear a night and we are going to Party like Kentucky Girls!
Minus the short shorts and hay, but it will be a good time regardless. I plan on drinking a lot of these

and enjoying adult conversation with three of the best gals on the planet.

It took me a lot of years to get to a place within myself to feel ok about leaving Husband with the kids. They aren't that hard to handle but seeing as they have become my life's work, I don't think anyone can do it nearly as good as I do. Or as right as I do. It's all about being right, am I right??

Husband does a great job with them and in fact, I think they like when I go out of town. Lots of pizza and donuts are eaten, bedtimes are stretched to an inch of their lives, no one has to bathe..you get the idea. Guy stuff. Stinky, yucky, guy stuff.

So it is with a BIG smile on my face that I will be leaving soon. I plan to enjoy every second of adult time with my friends, take in the sights, and just enjoy being away. Neighbors, if you hear Husband screaming, there is a good chance the boys got hold of the lighter fluid and duct tape. You may want to call 911.

Cat
PS- I am backing down a little on the Month of Yes as my pants have started screaming NO when I put them on.

1 comment: