Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fighting temptation and acting like a 2 year old

It has been raining here a LOT in Columbus. I think the news said had it been snow, it would be 40 inches. UGH. This weather makes me slow and sloth like. On my way home from another grueling day of FOUR hours of lunch lady land, all I wanted to do was stop at McD for some fast food so I could take a Sumo nap.

But something in my slow, tired brain told me not to. It told me it would take that many more minutes of working out to burn it off and did I really want to spend the money on it? The answer was no. So I came home, made a salad of chicken and salad stuff (the stuff in the bag) and made a nice salty dressing of Chinese chili sauce and a light Asian dressing. It hit the spot. Sometimes, if you stop and think what you really want in fast food, you can probably make it at home and it will be better for you. I like salty so I go for the dill pickles and ketchup. But actually, anything salty will do.

My weekend is too busy for me to be happy about. Fri night Daughter has a school function and we pick her up at 8:30, I work at the catering place  Sat morning from either 7-9am or 8-10am, Middle child has basketball Sat from 1-2, Daughter has to be at her school at 5pm for an hour long bus ride to a Christmas party where her band will perform and not be back until close to 11pm.

All of this is going on on my birthday. This is where the 2 year old comes in. I want the day to be about me and everyone should celebrate me all day. Reality: it isn't going to happen. Insert pouty lip here. When you have kids, it is rarely about you anymore. Shouldn't I know this all ready?? Anyway, boo boo lip is out.

Side note: had a can of mustard greens with my chicken for dinner and they were ok. Drain and sautee with lots of garlic, salt and pepper. Kind of like spinach, actually, a lot like spinach. I love anything green.

Have a nice Wednesday. I plan on knocking out most of the rest of my Xmas shopping. Then crawling into bed, sloth like.

Cat

1 comment:

  1. good job..keep it up.

    I go to Urban Fitness where are you?

    jody

    ReplyDelete