Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hubcaps and being out of my league

Recently, my Husband has been stopping in the middle of roadways to pick up these:

He says he wants a "collection" for the garage. Umm..we have a lot of stuff all ready IN the garage, so much that we can only get one car in. The first one he "collected" was a shiny one, so I could kind of see the allure. But the other day, we were going to the store and there was one on the side of the road. Without so much as two words to each other, he stopped the car and I jumped out to get it. It was kind of scuffed and in my sane eyes, not worth keeping. But he said he would "paint" it to make it shiny. Great.  I have now become an accomplice to his new found "collection". We even had Youngest in the car who was not quite sure what to make of our "pit stop". There are a lot of questions I have for Husband about this new found hobby, but I am holding them back for over the holidays when he is home a lot. We will need something to talk about.

I got the catering job.
I have a lot of training to go thru and realized as I was surrounded by people with Culinary degrees, I know NOTHING about food, how it is prepared, served. Nothing. I was VERY out of my comfort zone this evening with all the professionals and I know it showed when I turned bright pink talking about my LACK of experience in this field. They must be desperate for someone to wash dishes because I think that is all I will be good for. It is an odd mix of people I will be working with and I swear to the HEAVENS, the other new girl next to me was like April from Parks and Rec. She was just mad at everyone and the only time I got her to lighten up towards the totally out of her league person (me) was when I asked her about where to find comfy, black, non slip shoes. She brightened right up (so did most of the men there..hmmm..) and told me where to find some. As did the guys there. Seems a trip to Walmart is in order.

Lots of changes going on. I am scared to death of learning something new but boy, the money will be nice and I love the fact that it is physical work. I don't think I could work at a desk again.

Hope you all are having a good start to your week. Keep an eye out for nice shiny hubcaps (until I get further clarification as to what his "collection" consists of).

Thanks for reading!!

Cat

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the job!!! I used to work in the food industry, I even had a food sanitation liscence. Don't worry-you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete