Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall of a Legend

It is a very sad day for any of us that follow Penn State football. My dad went to Penn State and Joe Pa has always been revered in our house.

My 9 year old son wants to know why he was fired. I am at a loss as to what is off limits to tell him. Of course we have had the stranger danger talk, and the don't let anyone touch you anywhere talk. I suppose I can leave out the gory details and tell him the basics: Joe Pa reported on someone who was doing something bad, but he should have done more. So he was fired.

It is hard for me to explain to him that even our idols do wrong sometimes. I don't know what kind of message that sends to him.

I hope he gains an understanding that we should always do more. Never be afraid to speak up. That goes for all of us.

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment