Friday, November 11, 2011

My Veteran

Husband reads my blog now and I thought it was appropriate to thank him, in public, for serving our Country for over two decades and being a hero to me and his children.
He has volunteered not once, but twice to fight for our Country. This is something, to this day, I can't fathom. I have a healthy fear of confrontation and guns and bullets whizzing by my head. But not my Veteran. He fears  nothing and was willing to risk his life to make sure his family and Country remain free.

There are so many Vets that come home from war to broken marriages, unemployment and health issues. It is really quite appalling how we treat the men and women who have fought for OUR right to be free. There will be thousands of troops coming home in the upcoming months and I hope they come back to a life that is better than when they left. They deserve the best.

If you see a man or woman in uniform, please thank them for serving our Country. They make a conscious choice to keep us safe, the least, and I mean the very least, we can do is say Thank You.

My Vet, I love you and you are my hero everyday.

Cat

1 comment: