Saturday, November 19, 2011

MIA

I apologize for not blogging for the last couple days. I have been running around doing things for the kids, trying to get thru the 30 day shred, and spending countless hours laying awake worrying about my new job that I start this morning.

So of course, Youngest was up most of the night not feeling well. I will be starting my new job on about 4 hours of sleep (as I was drying my hair this morning, he came in and said 'Whew, that was the longest night EVER). Amen to that!

I have also been busy annoying the crap out of my sister in law about Thanksgiving. I do think worrying about the details helps me relax, or maybe it is keeping my mind off being anxious about starting this job. Either way, I promise to stop. I will sit back and let her handle Thanksgiving.

Two close friends have had family members diagnosed with cancer this week. This is not the way to start the Holiday season.

I turn 42 in two weeks. My goal between now and then is to either maintain my weight or lose 2 lbs. I am up a little, this happened last time I started doing the Shred, but I refuse to gain any weight over Thanksgiving. Flat out refuse. Then Husband bought a big tub of salted assorted nuts at Sam's club and I am having  a hard time staying out of them. Darn you, Husband!!

I need to get ready for work. I will report on how it went when I get back..and after a nap...

I am back from a successful morning of training! And as usual, the was nothing for me to be so worried about. My worry stemmed from going to the staff meeting Monday night and the Head Chef seemed a little...well....grouchy. I was worried that he would be that way this morning and that I would suck at everything. Head Chef was there but his Sous Chef was the one that trained me. And I love him! Nicest kid, really helped me out, taught me how to make chicken stock (the really yummy kind you can eat right out of the pan with nothing else in it!) and really showed me the ropes. I think I am going to like working there. Physically it is a lot of hard work but I really enjoy that.

Here's an odd thing: looking out my kitchen window, I can see our half dead elm tree. All the leaves are off so you can see all the way thru the tree. Looking out there this morning, I noticed a green apple sitting at the cross of two branches. Where did THAT come from?? Husband and I guess a squirrel or one of those big, scary brown hawk things left it there. It's just a funny contrast between the grey, dead branches and the bright green apple. I almost think it is a sign, but I am not sure for what. I kind of hope it stays there so I can continue to get a chuckle out of it.

I think I am back in my groove again. Though I did skip the Shred today for a big fat cat nap instead. After last night, I needed it. I am thinking Youngest will be in bed by 7pm, he looks whipped, too.

I hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend. Thanks for reading!!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment