Monday, November 28, 2011

Redefining Goals and post Turkey day babble

How was the Best day EVER for you?? Did you eat until your pants burst?? I managed to rein it in but still enjoyed everything, but I mostly enjoyed my family and Husband's Family. We stopped at Husband's mom house on the way to my brother's and got to see everyone for a bit. I want to give a BIG shout out to my Husband's brother and his wife: they have lost some SERIOUS pounds. I didn't get a chance to ask my sis in law how she has done it but both of them look fantastic. PLEASE keep up the good work!! You need to stay healthy to chase those grandkids around!

The afternoon and evening at my Brother's was really great. The food was delicious, my other sis in law makes a mean gravy and everything else for that matter. The kids behaved and everyone were good sports and wore the "feather headdresses" my Daughter made. The paper feathers were a little too long, so they flopped over and we all looked like Jesters. It was really, really a great day. Oh, this is what a grilled turkey looks like:
Jealous? You should be, it was over the moon good. Still eating it, as a matter of fact, that was a big bird!

Other things that we worked on this weekend:
Tree is up and done, so is most of the outdoor decorating and all of the indoor.

Our big dog, Teddy, caught a squirrel today. But I wanted to show you these pics of him over the weekend. If you look between his paws, that is his squeeky cow that he is clutching as he looks out the back door towards the squirrels. Thought it was cute. Not the dead squirrel I had to get rid of, but the pics of him with squeeky cow.


After all the accolades I received over the Holiday weekend about how much weight I have lost, I have decided that losing an additional 13 lbs is unreasonable. There is honestly nothing more I can cut out of my diet and I don't have the time to workout more than I all ready do. I am sure I could do some crazy things to lose 13 lbs but weight loss is something I want to be able to maintain without doing crazy things. My new goal is to lose about 5 more pounds and that would put me at a respectable 142 lbs. I believe that is something I can achieve and maintain without starving myself. Life is too short to starve yourself!

So with that said, it is time to go down and do my Shred. I walked, ran, and did workout dvd's over the Holiday and managed to lose a pound. Yay!

I hope you had a great holiday and are looking forward to Christmas or what ever it is you celebrate. This is a stressful time of year but take the time to make some time for yourself. A less frazzled you is a gift to everyone!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment